struts-user mailing list archives

From abhishek jain <abhishek.netj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jsp out to a differnet outputstream
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:27:07 GMT
Hi Adam,
Thanks for replying, It is a file on server side,
I could have written plain java code in JSP, but that will loose the benefit
of jsp and also rework on my end, I am sure there must be a method to
redirect the output of *out *to a file and not to STDOUT or so.

thanks
abhi

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:10 PM, adam pinder <apinder@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> is it a file on the client side or server side ?
>

> if client side, you can specify a result type in the struts.xml but the
> user will be prompted to save the file as its a security risk to write it
> without there confirmation.
>

> server side, just use plain java code in jsp to write and then do a page
> redirect or return null.
>

> adam
>

> > Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:52:33 +0530
> > Subject: Re: jsp out to a differnet outputstream
> > From: abhishek.netjain@gmail.com
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
>  >
> > On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Dale Newfield <dale@newfield.org>
> wrote:

> me
> > >>

> > > Maybe a filter in your web.xml?
> > >
> > > How are your pages put together? tiles? sitemesh?
> > > Since those are already filters, you might see if those can do what you
> > > want...
> > >
> > Hi,
> > I am using Tiles.
> > Can tiles do the work for me?
> > thanks
> > abhi

> We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us
> now

Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain
+91 9971376767