struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Rodriguez Lopez <alo...@flordeutopia.pt>
Subject Re: Locale and custom variables
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:00:18 GMT
Em 04-03-2010 05:49, abhishek jain escreveu:
> Hi friends,
>
> I have a few variables who have diff values depending on the locale /
> country.
> I do want to use a message-resources for storing the values of those
> varaibles,
> I do not know how to get these variables in my Action (I want them in action
> and not jsp),
> Can any one help,
> I have tried System.out.println(getResources(request,"id2")); after setting
> a locale and it do not work.
>
> Pl. help,
> --
> Thanks and kind Regards,
> Abhishek jain

Hi Abhishek,

if your Action extends ActionSupport, you can use one of the getText()
methods to do preciselly this, check
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/ActionSupport.html

.

We use it this way around here and it works fine (the resource
properties files being in the same package).

Regards,

Alex