struts-user mailing list archives

From john lee <sh_thorn_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: struts 2 - framework question
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 03:40:34 GMT
Cimballi,

tks for your help, but i do not  quite understand about '...set the parameter statically
in the action definitions...',  would you demonstrate me couple line of psudo code to explain
this?

tks in advance

john

/7/10, Cimballi <cimballi@cimballi.net> wrote:

From: Cimballi <cimballi@cimballi.net>
Subject: Re: struts 2 - framework question
To: "john lee" <sh_thorn_bird@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 8:33 PM

John, I don't have immediate code that I can copy paste, but I can
explain a bit more the package solution.

You will have to declare 2 packages, one with namespace "store1" and
one with namespace "store2".
Then you can write a single action, which take a storeId paramter, and
you set the parameter statically in the action definitions.

You will need 2 action definitions, one in each package, calling the
same java action and setting the storeId parameter like said before.

Then, in each JSP for each store, you call the correct struts action.

Is it clear for you ?

Cimballi

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM, john lee <sh_thorn_bird@yahoo.com> wrote:

> possible for you to show some psedo code for how to do it?
>
> tks in advance
>
> john

store) to sell their product to indivual customers.

> >> http://www.xyz.om/store1
> >> http://www.xyz.com/store2
> >> http://www.xyz.com/store3
> >> http://www.xyz.com/storeN
> >>
> >> (store1...storeN) list our(distributor)'s product to their customer, when customer
see the display price, the display price=our price(base price)+storeX's margin

> >> my question is the following
> >>
> >> a. in the struts.xml, different store should have different package defination
?

> >> b. in the application, what is the struts2's method to detect which store? in
other words, how can i detect which link(http://www.xyz.om/store1 or store2 or store3) is
pass in ? without knowing which store is called, i can not call special routine(could be price
cal, ...) associated with that store.