struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jose A. Corbacho" <mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InvalidPathException processing form
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 04:06:35 GMT
Hi

Try using this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<s:url value="/css/subsite.css"/>"
type="text/css"/>

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Jim Kennedy <jgkennedy@mindspring.com>wrote:

> OK, this is solved, but I'm not sure why changing this line of code solved
> the problem.  I will explain.
>
> I have a page called default.jsp and it contains the form as shown in my
> previous email.  This page/form has never had an issue displaying.  I only
> see the error stack trace when I submit the form causing validation to
> fire.
> In the head of this page I have the following:
>
> <link href="css/subsite.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
>
> This is the line causing the issue because the path is wrong (I guess???).
> When I change the line to
>
> <link href="../css/subsite.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
>
> my logs are clean and the problem disappears (since the href is corrected).
> Very odd why a simple html tag like <link /> causes issues with struts.
> And, Yes, the 2nd version of the link tag is correct because I am not
> deploying off the root.
>
> Anyone know why this could happen.  thanks
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Kennedy [mailto:jgkennedy@mindspring.com]
> Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:37 PM
> To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
> Subject: InvalidPathException processing form
>
> I have a fairly simple form at this point and I am getting the above
> referenced exception when validation fails.  Full exception is at the
> bottom
> of this email.  When my servlet-mapping is set to /run/* I get this
> exception in my logs, but application seems to work.  If I change my
> servlet-mapping to something like *.do and the form action to /quick.do,
> the
> application continues to work and I DON'T get the exception.  These don't
> look critical, but I am not used to seeing this type of
> exception/error/warning and want to understand what is going on here.
>
> It should be perfectly acceptable for me to use either technique.  I am
> using struts 1.3.10.
>
> web.xml:
>        <!-- Standard Action Servlet Configuration -->
>        <servlet>
>           <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
>           <init-param>
>             <param-name>config</param-name>
>             <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value>
>           </init-param>
>           <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
>        </servlet>
>
>
>        <!-- Standard Action Servlet Mapping -->
>        <servlet-mapping>
>          <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>          <url-pattern>/run/*</url-pattern>
>        </servlet-mapping>
>
> struts.xml:
>   <form-beans>
>
>        <form-bean name="quickSearchForm"
> type="com.rentworx.subsite.sc.struts.QuickSearchForm"/>
>
>    </form-beans>
>
> <!-- =========================================== Action Mapping Definitions
> -->
>
>    <action-mappings>
>            <!-- Default "Welcome" action -->
>            <!-- Forwards to Welcome.jsp -->
>        <action
>            path="/Welcome"
>            forward="/welcome.jsp"/>
>
>                <action
>                        path="/search**"
>                        type="com.rentworx.subsite.sc.struts.SearchAction">
>                        <forward name="results" path="/idxresults.jsp" />
>                </action>
>
>                <action
>                        path="/idx/*"
>
> type="com.rentworx.subsite.sc.struts.IDXSearchAction">
>                        <forward name="results" path="/idxresults.jsp" />
>                </action>
>
>                <action
>                        path="/quick"
>
> type="com.rentworx.subsite.sc.struts.ProcessSearchAction"
>                        name="quickSearchForm"
>                        scope="request"
>                        input="/default.jsp"
>                        validate="true">
>                        <forward name="results"
> path="/results.jsp"></forward>
>                </action>
>
>    </action-mappings>
>
>
> default.jsp:
>                <div class="error"><html-el:errors /></div>
>                <html:form action="/quick" method="post" >
>
>                        <div><bean-el:message key="searchform.city.prompt"
> />:
>                                <html-el:text property="city" title="enter
> city name"></html-el:text>
>                        </div>
>                        <div class="error"><html-el:errors property="city"
> header="" footer="" prefix="" suffix=""/></div>
>
>                        <div style="margin-top:5px">county name:
> <html-el:text property="county" title="enter city
> name"></html-el:text></div>
>                        <div class="error"><html-el:errors property="county"
> header="" footer="" prefix="" suffix=""/></div>
>
>                        <html-el:submit value="search"></html-el:submit>
>                </html:form>
>
>
> Exception:
>
> ****************************************************************************
> *********
> 2010-02-21 18:34:23,273 WARN
> [org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExceptionHandler] Unhandled
> exception
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.InvalidPathException: No action config
> found for the specified url.
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractSelectAction.execute(AbstractSelect
> Action.java:71)
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase
> .java:51)
>        at
> org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:191)
>        at
>
> org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:30
> 5)
>        at
> org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:191)
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequest
> Processor.java:283)
>        at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
>        at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:290)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:206)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.ja
> va:96)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:235)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:206)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:230)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:175)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
> ationValve.java:182)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
> 84)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
> )
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102
> )
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnecti
> onValve.java:157)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :109)
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
>        at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>        at
>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http
> 11Protocol.java:583)
>        at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 2010-02-21 18:34:23,304 WARN
> [org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ExceptionCatcher] Exception from
> exceptionCommand 'servlet-exception'
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.InvalidPathException: No action config
> found for the specified url.
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractSelectAction.execute(AbstractSelect
> Action.java:71)
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase
> .java:51)
>        at
> org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:191)
>        at
>
> org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:30
> 5)
>        at
> org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:191)
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequest
> Processor.java:283)
>        at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
>        at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:290)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:206)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.ja
> va:96)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:235)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:206)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:230)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:175)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
> ationValve.java:182)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
> 84)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
> )
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102
> )
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnecti
> onValve.java:157)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :109)
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
>        at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>        at
>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http
> 11Protocol.java:583)
>        at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 2010-02-21 18:34:23,335 ERROR
>
> [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/sc].[actio
> n]] Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.InvalidPathException: No action config
> found for the specified url.
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractSelectAction.execute(AbstractSelect
> Action.java:71)
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase
> .java:51)
>        at
> org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:191)
>        at
>
> org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:30
> 5)
>        at
> org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:191)
>        at
>
> org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequest
> Processor.java:283)
>        at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
>        at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:290)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:206)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.ja
> va:96)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:235)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:206)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:230)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:175)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
> ationValve.java:182)
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
> 84)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
> )
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102
> )
>        at
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnecti
> onValve.java:157)
>        at
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :109)
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
>        at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>        at
>
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http
> 11Protocol.java:583)
>        at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message