struts-user mailing list archives

From Jake Vang <vangj...@googlemail.com>
Subject struts 2 and servlets, how to exclude servlet url patterns from struts filter
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:12:12 GMT
i am using servlets (HttpServlet) and struts 2. my mapping in web.xml
for the struts filter maps to the url pattern, /*. my servlet maps to
something like this, /test. however, when i try to access my servlet,
http://localhost:8080/myapp/test, i get the following message:

"There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name test"

can i make exceptions for the servlet mapping so that the struts
filter won't try to map it?

here's a snippet from my web.xml.

<filter>
 <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
 <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
 <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<servlet>
 <servlet-name>testServlet</servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>mypackage.web.servlets.TestServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
 <servlet-name>testServlet</servlet-name>
 <url-pattern>/test</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>