struts-user mailing list archives

From "CRANFORD, CHRIS" <Chris.Cranf...@setech.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade 2.1.6 to 2.1.8.1 - Action Results in 404
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:33:05 GMT
Wes -

Yes I changed the struts configuration to permit .do as that was our standard from the Struts
1.x days and to keep consistency, we used it again in the Struts2 implementation.

The 404 was the one from the web server itself with the colored blue pages that Tomcat tosses
from time to time when you hit a jsp that isn't exist.  For some reason it seems the struts
listener isn't starting.

Is there any compatibility issues with Tiles & Struts?  I was using Tiles 2.1.4 prior
but it seems in the Struts2 2.1.8.1 they are using an older tiles version.  Are there some
issues because of this maybe?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Wannemacher [mailto:wesw@wantii.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 12:13 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Upgrade 2.1.6 to 2.1.8.1 - Action Results in 404

You mention that you get a 404, a few questions...

First, does this 404 come from the struts filter or the application
server? When I am working, I can usually tell the difference because
404s coming from the struts filter generally indicate "Action" or
"Action Mapping" not found. In the even that the Application Server
throws up the 404, it will indicate that the "Resource" is not found.

Also, you said that the form is trying to hit login.do, do you have
".do" mapped as an extension in your struts.xml? I don't think it's
one of the defaults, the struts filter defaults to processing
.action,, which is .action extension and no extension.

-Wes

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:51 PM, CRANFORD, CHRIS
<Chris.Cranford@setech.com> wrote:

> I was using Struts 2.1.6 along with XWork2 2.1.2.  After finding a bug
> with XWork2, it was recommended that this package be upgraded.  As a
> result, XWork2's later release depends on 2.1.8.1 of Struts2 and thus I
> had to upgrade all my jars.  Now web application no longer works.
>
> When I navigate to my http://localhost:8080/myapp/ URL it sends me to
> the welcome page like it always has.  But when I submit the login form
> that was presented, it goes to http://localhost:8080/myapp/login.do and
> I get a 404 error saying the resource is not available.
>
> I have double checked both STRUTS.XML and WEB.XML against the blank and
> show case web apps from 2.1.8.1 and nothing out of the ordinary jumps
> out that explains why all of a sudden I have problems.
>
> Can anyone shed any light?

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!