struts-user mailing list archives

From Saeed Iqbal <saee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] i18n not using default bundle
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:01:43 GMT
Set the constant variable in struts.xml or struts.properties
variable for i8nl

On Thursday, December 10, 2009, carl ballantyne
<carl.ballantyne@cast-info.es> wrote:
> Hi LV,
>
> When you say you set your browser to Chinese are you simply moving Chinese up the list
of prefered languages or are you removing all english from prefered languages. Because if
it is the former then I think it would still look for an *_en.properties file over the default.

> Cheers,
> Carl.
>
> Quoting mailtolouis2020-struts@yahoo.com:
>

> Hello,
>
> I got a doubt on struts 2 i18n. I'm using S2. 2.1.8.1.
>
> I got 2 properties in my application:
> global-message.properties    (store Chinese Language)
> global-message_en.properties (store English Language)
>
> When I run my application, and set my browser language to Chinese  (zh-CN), I expect
when there is no global-message_zh_CN.properties  file, struts should use the default global-message.properties
file,  but it is not, it use global-message_en.properties.

> If I remove some key in the global-message_en.properties, then it is  look for global-message.properties
file, that is expected.

> So could someone tell me is this a bug, or that's the way the design  is or some setting
I need to do?

> Regards
> LV

Saeed Iqbal
Independant Consultant
J2EE - Application Architect / Developer