struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: S2.1.8.1: Need something similar to struts.el.throwExceptionOnFailure for <s:textfield> and <s:hidden>
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:29:07 GMT
Robert Graf-Waczenski wrote:
> This is not a bug, it's a feature in Struts2 2.1.8.1 that you explicitly
> have to enable via a configuration option (which is what we did).

Oh!  My bad.  You're right, that could be a useful feature given certain
policies, I'm glad it's now there for those that want it.  Yes, it does
sound like a bug that it doesn't work for all the tags.  (And yes, I
think I'll enable this in my current project iff I'm in devMode.)

Without looking at the source, just judging from the infix "el" vs.
"ognl" it sounds like this must be at a different point in the stack
than "struts.ognl.logMissingProperties", which is what I was incorrectly
assuming this conversation was about.  (Dang small screen that only lets
me see the first part of long subject lines! :-)

I guess the right answer is "please file a JIRA issue", but as always
"please file a JIRA issue with a patch" is better :-)  (Assuming the
"upload patch/file" bit in JIRA has been fixed.)

-Dale