struts-user mailing list archives

From Robert Graf-Waczenski <...@lsoft.com>
Subject Re: S2.1.8.1: Need something similar to struts.el.throwExceptionOnFailure for <s:textfield> and <s:hidden>
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:11:40 GMT
Dale Newfield schrieb:

>>> so setting <s:textfield value="%{missingProperty}"/>
>>> doesnt fail?
>>
>> No, it doesn't fail, the text input field is rendered with empty
>> contents.
>
> That is the appropriate way for it to render if the property is indeed
> missing.  Is a warning generated in your logs?

I would not call this appropriate. It should behave analogously to
<s:property value="%{missingProperty}"/> which correctly yields a
runtime error. A warning in the logs (which i guess would appear if i
would configure log4j properly) would not help because we use our own
custom-built logging framework, so we really need the system to throw a
runtime error for us to catch, handle and log.

Robert