struts-user mailing list archives

From stanlick <stanl...@gmail.com>
Subject Essential Dependencies Only
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:36:17 GMT

Greetings and Happy Holidays --

I am sitting down to unwind the Essential Dependencies Only jar
(struts-2.1.8.1-lib.zip) in preparation for the litany of questions the
lawyers are going to ask before accepting the Struts 2.1.8.1 upgrade in
house.  Now either I have a different understanding of the word essential,
or this version of our new Struts has really spread her arms.  There are
seventy-one jars in the lib folder of the *essential dependencies only jar*
and a quick glance suggests they are *not* all essential.  So does essential
!= core or required?  Is there a resource where an analysis can be made to
determine compile, testing, run-time dependencies?  Untangling this ball of
yarn by hand is going to burn up hours and lead an analyst down many rabbit
holes.  Is there a POM that could save the man hours?

Peace,
Scott