struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sarr, Nathan" <ns...@library.rochester.edu>
Subject RE: Is Using Spring With Struts 2 A Good Idea?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:38:27 GMT
Hi Bruce,

   We have been working with Struts 2 and Spring here for a couple of years (we went production
a few months ago) and I have found it to work together quite well for us - we use it for Dependency
injection as well as to tie in with Hibernate, Quartz.  We use some sub projects including
Spring Security and Spring LDAP.

   If you are curious can see the site in action here: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/home.action

Best,
-Nate

Nathan Sarr
Senior Software Engineer
River Campus Libraries
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY  14627
(585) 275-0692

-----Original Message-----
From: phillips1021 [mailto:bphillips@ku.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:29 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Is Using Spring With Struts 2 A Good Idea?

At the University of Kansas (#1 college basketball team :) we use Struts 2
for our web application framework.  Its worked very well for us.

I've been learning the Spring framework and how to use it with Struts 2.  I
think the two frameworks work very well together.

I'm preparing a class for the other Java developers on how to use Struts 2
and Spring together.  As part of my research I'd like to hear from other
Struts 2 developers on if you use Spring with Struts 2 and if you think its
a good or bad practice.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide on why or why not it's a
good idea to use Struts 2 with Spring.

Bruce Phillips
http://www.brucephillips.name/blog http://www.brucephillips.name/blog