struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Lindholm <greg.lindh...@gmail.com>
Subject NoResult - write response in the Action
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 22:13:31 GMT
I have a situation where I want to fully handle the result in the Action
including writing the response to the HttpServletResponse.

What's the best way to handle this so there is no further results processing
after the execute() method ends?

Is there a way to disable results processing from within the action's
execute() method?
Or, should I write a "NoResult" Result that does nothing?

I know I could write a custom Result and move all the logic from the action
to the custom result but it would be a PITA and make this situation much
more complex then it needs to be. I would have to split the logic in the
action in an artificial way and expose a bunch of internal variables just so
they could be passed to the Result and then I would have to duplicate logic
that is already available in the action super classes, etc in the result.