struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Lindholm <greg.lindh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strust2: filter-mapping best practice - <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:53:11 GMT
I have a number of servlets in the same web app so to make it work I have
restrict the filter mapping  as follows.

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/struts/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

The first one catches all requests with .action extensions which is what I
use.

The second one was suggested on this mailing list since there are resources
that struts UI controls can request.