struts-user mailing list archives

From Rupesh Mankar <rupesh_man...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Problem in uploading file from stand-alone application
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:45:25 GMT
Hi,

I want to upload file on server from stand-alone application (using HTTPURLConnection). But
when I run stand-alone application which uploads file, I get following exception on server:

WARNING: Parameters: Character decoding failed. Parameter skipped.
java.io.CharConversionException: isHexDigit
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:88)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:49)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.urlDecode(Parameters.java:410)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.java:392)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.java:344)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2453)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameterNames(Request.java:1073)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameterMap(Request.java:1053)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getParameterMap(RequestFacade.java:414)
      at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.getParameterMap(ServletRequestWrapper.java:166)
      at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.DefaultActionMapper.handleSpecialParameters(DefaultActionMapper.java:351)
      at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.DefaultActionMapper.getMapping(DefaultActionMapper.java:311)

It seems struts2 filter tries to retrieve parameters from request. I am directly writing file
content which are byte array on output stream of url connection.

One workaround I found is to bypass the upload request from struts2 filtering. But this approach
is not good because my entire web application is struts based.

Is there any way to upload file through strut itself?

Thanks,
Rupesh

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.