struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <James.C...@wecomm.com>
Subject RE: strust2: filter-mapping best practice - <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:08:30 GMT
Yes, this is what I do also, I have an app with a webservice so needed
it to not get caught in the Struts filter. It is a shame however, as I
would like to have kept the URLs neat without the action on the end. But
as they say, don't get caught up in what the URL says.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Lindholm [mailto:greg.lindholm@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 November 2009 15:53
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: strust2: filter-mapping best practice -
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

I have a number of servlets in the same web app so to make it work I
have
restrict the filter mapping  as follows.

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/struts/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

The first one catches all requests with .action extensions which is what
use.

The second one was suggested on this mailing list since there are
resources
that struts UI controls can request.