struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Re: S2 2.1.8.1: Need custom decapitalization (or leniency similar to 2.1.6)
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 01:33:18 GMT
Robert Graf-Waczenski wrote:
> And, to tell the truth, our choice to use "getmProperty()" as
> accessor method naming pattern was a bad one originally but we lived
> with it since the beginning and are now being bitten in the behind :-)

That about sums it up, I think.

I'm assuming the naming convention "mProperty" is designed to increase
internal readability by showing that the property is an instance
variable. Using the "m" convention in the getters/setters then
propagates implementation details to the outside world, which defeats
the purpose of getters and setters.

Folks that use an underscore convention ("_property") would name the
getter "getProperty", not "get_Property" or "get_property".

Dave