struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Shifman <mark.shif...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: [DispatchAction] no handler parameter
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 19:02:33 GMT
I have also gotten this error and it was not obvious how it happened
since the appropriate parameters were
where they were supposed to be.  You need to think of weird causes like
double clicking a link that contains parameters or
some how the form is submitted twice, the second time the "command"
parameter is not initialized.  If an action was bookmarked
you can also potentially have problems.  I don't think this is a problem
of DispatchAction or any of its relatives, MappingDispatchAction etc.  I
think it is a problem with a funky request.

mas

Paul Benedict wrote:
> Unspecified will be called if your "command" parameter does not exist.
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Sachi N <maisaki@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I posted this question 9months ago but could not get any solutions.
>> I wonder if anyone can give me some clue now.

>> My client reported that they have received this error only once.
>> Request[/app/Keyword] does not contain handler parameter named 'command'.
>> at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.unspecified(DispatchAction.java:222)
>>
>> They tried to replicate the error to find the cause by doing the exact same operation
that
>> the user did, but they were unable.
>> I've been trying too but I can't figure it out.
>>
>> I have the following code within a jsp:
>>
>> .
>> .
>>
>> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>> <!--
>>    var loadingflg = false;
>>
>>    function submitExecute(mode, frm, message)
>>    {
>>        if (loadingflg == false) {
>>            if (message != "") {
>>                if (!window.confirm(message)){
>>                    return false;
>>                }
>>            }
>>            eval("document.forms[0]." + mode).value = frm;
>>            document.forms[0].submit();
>>        }
>>        return false;
>>    }