struts-user mailing list archives

From larryreed <larryr...@comcast.net>
Subject filter exception on deployment
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:38:13 GMT
I'm having a persistent problem deploying my project to my tomcat 6 server in which the struts
filter generates a null pointer exception. What confuses me is that I do not have this problem
running the system under Eclipse, but only when I deploy it to my standalone Tomcat instance.
Under Eclipse, everything loads and my application runs fine. On the standalone instance,
the exception occurs, and the application does not get started.

I'm guessing that some configuration that is set up on Eclipse (Galileo) is not set up on
the standalone tomcat instance. But I don't know what that might be.

Here is the stack:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter struts2
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.FileManager$FileRevision.needsReloading(FileManager.java:209)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.FileManager.fileNeedsReloading(FileManager.java:60)
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.needsReload(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:325)

at org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.needsReload(StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.java:168)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.conditionalReload(ConfigurationManager.java:220)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:61)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.getContainer(Dispatcher.java:774)
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:275)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:397)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:3800)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4450)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:583)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)