struts-user mailing list archives

From Siddiq Syed <siddiq...@yahoo.com>
Subject retrieving the result from strust config.
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:13:29 GMT

Is there any way where I can retrieve the result name from the prepare method
of an action.

For example, I have  the below mapping in the struts.xml file.

 <action name="determineCaseEvaluationType"
class="com.activity.EvaluateCaseAction"
method="determineCaseEvaluationType">
     	<result name="guidelInitConsid"
type="tiles">editGuidelinesCaseEvaluation</result>
       	<result name="shrtsntcInitConsid"
type="tiles">editShortSentenceCaseEvaluation</result>
   	<result name="sscat2p1InitConsid"
type="tiles">editShortSentenceCaseEvaluation</result>
</action>

If I passes the string "guidelInitConsid" , I need to get
"editGuidelinesCaseEvaluation" as a result.

I know its odd.!!

But i am curious to know if we can get the result , through any of the api
method., like actionmapping

Any idea ?