struts-user mailing list archives

From Ignacio de Córdoba <icord...@skios.es>
Subject Using Struts2 JQuery drag & drop
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 01:33:09 GMT

Hello,
I am looking at last version of Struts2 JQuery plugin and looks graet.
Unfortunately I am really new to JQuery. I've been doing things with
discontinued Dogo plugin but have found that the drag & drop tags in JQuery
plugin could really fit for a Rich Int. App I have in mind. Hope somebody
here can help me with a simple scenario.
I would need to drop a small image into a bigger image; as far as I've seen
that's no problem. The problem is that example in the showcase just shows a
simple javascript subscribing to the drop action. I would need to get the
coords where the small image/div was dropped and execute a remote DIV (to a
struts2 action) sending those coords as parameter so that the remote div
shows the results some processing with that simple data.

Anybody could point me on how to:
A) Get the coords inside the big div where the small image was dropped.
B) How to set those x & y coords as a remote div action parameters.

Hope this is simple to achieve.

Thanks for any directions,
Ignacio