struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From carl ballantyne <carl.ballant...@cast-info.es>
Subject RE: struts.i18n.encoding
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:19:32 GMT
Thanks but I actually found the solution (for GlassFish 2.1) and  
posted a reply to the list a few days back now. Just search the  
archive and you should see it.

Cheers for the suggestion though.


Quoting "Raghuveer.V" <raghuveerv@infotechsw.com>:

> Use following in JSP page.
> You should get with all default properties.
> By default in tomcat it is ISO-8859-1
> <%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
>
> In worst case test some thing like this in your action file.
>
>   String strTemp=new String(strProperty.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), "UTF-8");
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: carl ballantyne [mailto:carl.ballantyne@cast-info.es]
> Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 4:22 PM
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: struts.i18n.encoding
>
> Hi Cristian,
>
> Thanks very much for your response.
>
> I am using GlassFish 2.1 so will have a look to see if I can implement
> your type of solution. What I don't get is why we need to apply a
> filter when already the server is configured to use UTF-8 and we have
> UTF-8 defined in the meta for the JSP.
>
> It just seems strange that nobody has got this to work with
> struts.i18.encoding. Surely there must be some other people out there
> with multi language struts 2 apps.
>
> I will try your solution and keep digging some more.
> Cheers,
> Carl.
>
> Quoting Cristian Peraferrer <corellian.c@gmail.com>:
>
>> In my application also used the 'struts.i18.encoding=UTF-8' but I had
>> the same problem. But I found a way to get it to work.
>> This way you are only telling struts that has to use UTF-8. But you
>> also need to tell to your Applications Container
>> (Tomcat for example) that you want UTF-8.
>>
>> 1. Set the URI encoding of Tomcat's server.xml configuration file. Set
>> URIEncoding="UTF-8" in your http/https connectors:
>>
>> <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 80 -->
>>     <Connector URIEncoding="UTF-8" acceptCount="100"
>> connectionTimeout="20000"
>>                disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false"
>>                maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxSpareThreads="75"
> maxThreads="150"
>>                minSpareThreads="25" port="80" redirectPort="443"/>
>>
>> 2. Set a custom filter to configure POST requests use UTF-8:
>>
>> <!-- To get POST requests as UTF-8 -->
>> <filter>
>>   <filter-name>encodingFilter</filter-name>
>>
> <filter-class>path.to.your.filter.SetCharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>
>>   <init-param>
>>     <param-name>encoding</param-name>
>>     <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
>>   </init-param>
>> </filter>
>>   <filter-mapping>
>>     <filter-name>encodingFilter</filter-name>
>>     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>>   </filter-mapping>
>>
>> Tomcat already comes with such an example filter of
>> SetCharacterEncodingFilter.
>>
>> 3. Also in my application's web.xml I have set that JSPs use UTF-8
>> as a default:
>>
>> <jsp-config>
>>   <!-- UTF-8 as the default JSP encoding -->
>>   <jsp-property-group>
>>     <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
>>     <page-encoding>UTF-8</page-encoding>
>>   </jsp-property-group>
>> </jsp-config>
>>
>> 4. In every JSP you I have the following typical <meta> tag inside <head>:
>>
>>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
>>
>> I hope it will help.
>>
>> Cristian.
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM, carl ballantyne
>> <carl.ballantyne@cast-info.es> wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I have an app with form fields and when submitting them to my Struts 2
>>> actions the values are getting garbled. For example "espaƱa" becomes
>>> "espa?".
>>>
>>> I think the problem is with Struts because when I create a basic jsp page
>>> and submit back to itself and display the form field - it works fine.
>>>
>>> I have tried setting struts.i18n.encoding=UTF-8 in the struts.properties
>>> file and the struts.xml file to no avail. Has anyone used this with
> success?
>>> I have searched the forums and it seems to me that people have to resort
> to
>>> custom filters to workaround the problem.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Carl.
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> GPG Key-ID: 0x564903FA - JID: corellian@swissjabber.ch
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>
>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org


Mime
View raw message