struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.1.7.dtd NOT FOUND
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:40:12 GMT
Are you using tomcat? This crops up from time to time on this list...
I'll make sure a copy of that dtd gets pushed out there, there is a
better solution (since not every web-app will have access to the
'net). I know it has to do with the jars that come with Tomcat. I am
pretty sure that you can override the default xml parser with one that
will find the dtd in the jar. There is some information here -

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

(take a look toward the bottom of the page)

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:27 PM, E Au <easony69@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just migrated my struts 2.1.6 webapp to 2.1.8. My webapp failed to load because it
couldn't read struts-default.xml which is using http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.1.7.dtd.
The dtd is not currently available in that url.

> However, struts-2.1.7.dtd file is included in the struts-core-2.1.8.jar. How do I instruct
my webapp to use the file in the jar instead of getting it from the http url, without editing
the DOCTYPE line in the struts-default.xml in the jar?

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!