struts-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Atkinson <dennisatkinson...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 / Hibernate Question
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:30:02 GMT
Eduard,

I am still getting a ClassNotFound error on OpenSessionInViewFilter at startup.

I have found two jar files that contain the class, spring.jar and spring-hibernate3.jar, and
it fails with both of them.

I have configured applicationContext.xml like this:

    <bean name="openSessionInViewInterceptor" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter">
        <property name="sessionFactory">
            <ref bean="sessionFactory" />
        </property>
        <property name="flushModeName">
            <value>FLUSH_AUTO</value>
        </property>
    </bean>

is there anything else I have neglected to do?  Some other configuration, perhaps?

--Dennis

________________________________
From: Eduard Neuwirt <eduard.neuwirt@googlemail.com>
Sent: Sat, October 24, 2009 2:52:27 AM
Subject: Re: Struts2 / Hibernate Question

Hm,

interesting. I checked against my configurations. I have in my WEB-INF/lib spring.jar, all
necessary hibernate archives and the configuration of filters is done as described  in the
link I already posted.

Best
Eduard

Dennis Atkinson schrieb:
> OK, that's good.  So -- uh - how would I configure OpenSessionInView?  I attempted to
do it, but even after I loaded the spring-hibernate3-2.0.8.jar file, I got a ClassNotFound
error, so I couldn't even get past that.
> And you are absolutely correct about it being rather interesting.  But it seems so common,
that there should be a common and standard way of dealing with it, but so far it seems not.

> --Dennis

> Sent: Fri, October 23, 2009 3:19:09 PM
> Subject: Re: Struts2 / Hibernate Question
>
> Hi Dennis,
>
> sorry i don't know anything about FullHibernatePlugin. I am using only the OpenSessionInView-approach.
The Google delivers several threads to this topic. It seems to be rather interesting problem.

> Regards
> Eduard
>
> Dennis Atkinson schrieb:
>
>> Eduard,
>>
>> I thought the FullHibernatePlugin implements this.
>>
>> --Dennis

>> Sent: Fri, October 23, 2009 3:08:44 PM
>> Subject: Re: Struts2 / Hibernate Question
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> please have a look to the https://www.hibernate.org/43.html
>>
>> Regards
>> Eduard
>>
>> Thomas Sattler schrieb:
>>
>>> So it sounds like both the FullHibernatePlugin and the
>>> OpenSessionInViewFilter class work.  Thanks for the quick replies.
>>>
>>> Do you remember how these are configured?
>>>
>>> The FullHibernatePlugin wiki says only a few lines of configuration are
>>> required, but it doesn't say what those lines are.
>>>
>>> With OpenSessionInView, I add it to my web.xml file, but I get an error that
>>> it can't find the class, even though I am fairly certain that the
>>> "spring-hibernate3-2.0.8.jar" file contains it, and I triple-check to make
>>> sure that jar is loaded.
>>>

>>> --Dennis

It