struts-user mailing list archives

From RogerV <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject RE: FileUpload - Directory selection
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:33:06 GMT

vishnu.vyasan wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> I don't know whether its correct approach or not, but make the user zip
> the directory and upload it.
>
> Best Regards
> Vishnu NV

Hm .. that's an idea, but I'd still need to be able to select an output
directory ...

I'm working in an Intranet environment and I have a repetative, mundane job
that requires extracting sub-sets of files from a specified directory into a
"results" directory depending on user specified criteria
within the file contents. I'm fed up with changing/running this several
times a week, but the only way I can push this back on the users to run
themselves is to give them an Intranet front end. So I'm proabably
approaching this from the wrong angle ...

Regards