struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael Finney <fin...@ACM.org>
Subject combat JavaScript caching
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:53:46 GMT
In order to combat JavaScript caching, I wish to have my JavaScript
files served up where there is a version number in the url.

I got the idea from: "Help with aggressive JavaScript caching"
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/54475/help-with-aggressive-javascript-caching

example:  <script src="/js/version/MyScript.js"/>

How can I do that with struts2 (2.1.6) or with a plain old Java Filter?

I'm open to other solutions such as "create a new JavaScript file name
any time an update is made". I'd rather this not be a manual process
though.

--
Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
http://www.SmilingSoftwareSolutions.com