struts-user mailing list archives

From "j.ollier" <j.oll...@nature.com>
Subject META-INF directory stops Convention plugin working
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:52:23 GMT
Hi there

I'm trying to get started with Struts2 in particular the Convention plugin.

I've copied the code in the User guide and it works fine but only if I DON'T
have a META-INF directory in my War file, even if that directory is empty.
We are using Maven to build the War so the META-INF directory is always
there.

I'm using Jetty 6.1.11, Struts2 2.1.6.

I have no struts.xml file. All I have in web.xml is:

<filter>
<filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecut
eFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

The error I get on startup is

java.lang.Exception: Could not load WEB-INF/classes/john/action/Hello.class
    at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder.readClassDef(ClassFinder.jav
a:745)
    at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder.<init>(ClassFinder.java:148)
    at
org.apache.struts2.convention.PackageBasedActionConfigBuilder.findActions(Pa
ckageBasedActionConfigBuilder.java:295)

Anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks in advance

John

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept
liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not
expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its agents.
Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents
accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or
its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan
Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication. Macmillan
Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 785998
Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS