struts-user mailing list archives

From "Himstedt, Maik (EXTERN: T-Systems on)" <extern.maik.himst...@volkswagen.de>
Subject Calling Struts action from JSP outside WEB-INF folder
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:55:15 GMT
Hi everybody,

I need to call a Struts action (we use Struts 1.3) from a JSP but I keep getting an "Cannot
retrieve mapping for action: "/maEdit" error. The JSP looks like

the struts-config looks like

<action path="/maEdit" type="de.volkswagen.ipad.aip.action.MaEditAction" name="maEditForm"
parameter="method" scope="session" validate="false">

The main problem is the web project's structure. We habe a Web Content folder, underneath
WEB-INF and a folder called protected which basically holds all JSPs (don't ask me who had
this bright idea...). The full path to my JSP goes like protected/processes/aip/ma/myPage.jsp
where myPage.jsp is the JSP in question. I thought I could navigate to the Struts action like

but the error remains. Is it possible at all?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Maik Himstedt

T-Systems on site services GmbH
Procurement Systems
Telefon/phone: +49-5361-9-44026
E-Mail: extern.maik.himstedt@volkswagen.de

Maik Himstedt
Consultant
Benzstraße 25a, 38446 Wolfsburg
+49-5361-464 78-0 (Tel.)
+49-5361-464 78-10 (Fax)
E-Mail: maik.himstedt@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems-onsite.de

Geschäftsführung: Stefan Kappe, Thomas Müller-Braun
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 51336
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin