struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Lindholm <greg.lindh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do you test your action classes?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:19:30 GMT
You probably should sure the mail archives (on Nabble) as this question come
up very often.
In fact it should be in a FAQ but there is some disagreement as what
constitutes appropriate testing and what methods should be used.

I've written up this article [1] on how to unit test actions in the full
Struts 2 context with the Interceptor stack and validations.

Others, seem to think this is the wrong approach and this type of testing
should be done with a tool like Selenium.  Here is the last big thread on
testing methods [2].

[1] http://glindholm.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/unit-testing-struts-2-actions/

[2]
http://www.nabble.com/unit-testing-Struts2-application-%28with-Spring-and-Hibernate%29-ts24517800.html