struts-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Atkinson <dennisatkinson...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about 'if' tag
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:52:23 GMT
I have gone through Pawel's example and it is not working for me.

Here is the iterator:

         <s:iterator value="allCustomers" id="iter" status="table_stat">

I created three methods in my action class:

public boolean getCanEditCustomer()
{
    return false ;
}

public boolean getCanEditCustomer(Integer anInt)
{
    return false ;
}

public boolean getCanEditCustomer(Customer aCustomer)
{
    return false ;
}

These are dummy methods just to see if everything will work.  I set an Eclipse breakpoint
on each return statement.  So in theory, Eclipse should stop on one of the statements whether
I pass in nothing, an integer, or a Customer object.

The results are:

<s:if test="canEditCustomer">              (This stops in the first method)
<s:if test="canEditCustomer()">            (This never stops)
<s:if test="canEditCustomer(5)">          (This never stops)
<s:if test="canEditCustomer(iter)">       (This never stops)

So it seems like no parameters are being passed in; in fact when I use the braces to indicate
no parameter, that doesn't work either.