struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jipu Jiang" <j.ji...@nesc.gla.ac.uk>
Subject RE: form validation gets indefinite loops in web browsers
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:17:26 GMT
Hi Dale,

Thanks for reply. I have a form that needs parameters from an action. So
to see the JSP form, I'll have to go to the action first to prepare
these parameters for the form, and then the JSP form will render these
parameters. I'll show some sample code here.

ReadAction.java

List<Parameter> parameters = new ArrayList<Parameter>();
Public String execute() throws Exception {
	Parameters = parameterService.getParameters(); // the service
will then gets parameters from database.
	Return SUCCESS;
}

Struts.xml

<action name="prepare" class="XXX">
	<result name="success">form.jsp</result>
	<result name="input" type="redirectAction"> prepare </result>
	<result name="error">error.jsp</result>
</action>

Form.jsp

<s:iterator value="parameters">

</s:iterator>

What I want to achieve is to display the error messages along with the
submission page if user input something wrong. It would be better if
what user input can also stay on the submission page.

> 	<result name="input" type="redirectAction"> prepare </result>

Why are you redirecting?

-Dale