struts-user mailing list archives

From RogerV <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Global Exceptions with Convention Plugin
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:22:10 GMT

Hi

My project is using Struts 2.1.6 based on blank.war with the convention
plugin enabled. I'm having a problem getting global exception catching to
work - I'm still getting the stack trace displayed in the browser. Do I need
to add anything that would not be available "out of the box" having started
with importing blank.war into my ide. I've attached my struts.xml below.

Regards

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

<struts>

    <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="false" />
    <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />

        <package name="default" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">

        <default-action-ref name="index" />

        <global-exception-mappings>
           <exception-mapping
exception="javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException" result="input"/>
                      <exception-mapping
exception="org.eclipse.persistemce.exceptions.OptimisticLockException"
result="input"/>
        </global-exception-mappings>

        <action name="index">
            <result type="redirectAction">