struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dai Le" <...@pinneyinsurance.com>
Subject Session data
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 23:59:02 GMT
Hi,

I developed a data collection web application using struts 1.2.9 and I've
run into a problem that I cannot find a solution to.  The amount of data
being collected is quite a bit so pass the information along in session
variables.  The problem arises when a user has multiple instances of the
website opened, the session data is crossed with each other.  Because all
the instances share the same session, it's causing the session data to be
crossed or overwritten.  Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on the
matter?  Is there any way to create a new session each time the user open a
new instance of my web application.  I've tried using URL rewriting and it
generates new jsessionids but the clients will to have cookies disabled on
their browser and it's not common to ask users to disable cookies on their
browser.  Hope this makes some sense to someone, I'm having a hard
describing the problem.  Thanks in advance.

Dai Le

Developer

Pinney Insurance Center, Inc.

2266 Lava Ridge Ct.