struts-user mailing list archives

From Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <reier...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: example of rich internet applications (RIAs) using struts 2
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:36:59 GMT
Hi Obinna,
Thanks for your answer...

I have seen and tried both the dojo plugin and the struts2-jquery-plugin in
an small showcase application I have built just to summarize (for internal
use) what is available for struts2.... But to be sincere I'm not very
impressed about what they offer in terms of productivity and functionality
if you compare them with what you get using a component based frameworks
like Wicket.  Please, I have no intention to say that there is anything
wrong with those plugins, I'm a developer myself and I know how much energy
demands maintaining something... It is just that the way to work with them
seem to me unnatural after trying Wicket's AJAX implementation.

For instance, something I haven't found is a good free grid component
supporting AJAX navigation and advanced functionality like draggable,
resizable columns... Something like:

http://antilia.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/Grid.PNG
http://antilia.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/GridExport.PNG
http://antilia.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/Panels.PNG

So, I just was wondering what kind of tag-libraries, components, etc. People
use to build such applications...and how much effort was to build them...
and weather those applications where freely available just to see how do
they look and what kind of functionality I can expect to achieve...

Best,

Ernesto