struts-user mailing list archives

From BALAJI CRB <BALAJI_...@spanservices.com>
Subject RE: Struts2 + I18N
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:47:37 GMT
Hi,

Use struts.locale=en   in your struts.properties file. Hope this works.

Regards,

Balaji C R B

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien HENRY [mailto:henryju@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 9:11 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Struts2 + I18N

Hi,

In my Struts2 application I have the following language files:

default_de.properties

default_fr.properties

default.properties (contains EN)

When I start my application, the application is in French (probably because JVM default locale
is french). Then I tried to change language by appending ?request_locale=XX in the URL.

Adding ?request_locale=de works fine. All texts are in German.

Adding ?request_locale=en doesn't work. All texts are in French.

I tried to add

<constant name="struts.locale" value="en" />

to struts.xml but no luck.

How can I tell Struts that the default.properties file is English?

Thanks,

Julien

DISCLAIMER:

This email message and all attachments are  confidential and may contain information that
is privileged,  confidential or exempt from  disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not  the intended  recipient,  you  are notified  that any dissemination, distribution or

copying  of this email  is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,

please notify us immediately by return email or to mailadmin@spanservices.com and destroy

the original message.

Opinions, conclusions, and other  information in  this message that  do not relate to the

official business of SPAN, shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.