struts-user mailing list archives

From <Sandy.Verfai...@roularta.be>
Subject RE: struts 2.1.5 type conversion error
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:28:46 GMT
Chris,

I've changed my original setter to setStockAmountInt(int stockAmount), and kept setStockAmount(String
stockAmount) so it could be used by the default ognl conversion.
Now I can work without errors, but it seems kind of strange to me that this is the normal
way of working, is it?

Regards,
sandy

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: musomesa@aol.com [mailto:musomesa@aol.com]
Verzonden: maandag 17 augustus 2009 11:53
Aan: user@struts.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: struts 2.1.5 type conversion error

 OGNL properties are JavaBean properties. In your case you are trying to define the property
stockAmount twice with two different types.

Instead of overloading the setter give it a different name:

    public void setStockAmountStr(String stockAmount) {
        this.stockAmount = Integer.parseInt(stockAmount);
    }

Now you have two properties even though the data is in one field.
Chris