struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts w/Ajax with Struts again
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 03:37:55 GMT

better off setting it in the action

then access it thru ognl e.g.
#session.setSeeMe

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/ognl-basics.html

if you want to see a bean described as

package package;
public class bean {

  private String BeanParamName;

  public void setBeanParamName(String BeanParamName){
    this.BeanParamName =BeanParamName ;
  }
  public String getBeanParamName(){
    return BeanParamName;
  }
}

 in your jsp use s:bean as here

  <s:bean name="package.bean" id="id">
        <s:param name="BeanParamName">BeanParam</s:param>
          <s:property value="%{BeanParamName}" /><br>
      </s:bean>

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.6/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/components/Bean.html

Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:07:26 -0700
> From: cpanon@yahoo.com
> Subject: RE: Struts w/Ajax with Struts again
> To: user@struts.apache.org
>
> Hi Martin
> Thank you.  So I may be misunderstanding something.  If I return to the Ajax call with
mapping.getInputForward() for the defined input attribute of that action processing the Ajax
call, should I see changes in the session objects displayed?  Because before I return I set
an element in the actionForm.setSeeMe("hi"), set the session.setAttribute("actionForm", modified)
and I do not see it in the display.  I am accessing that element with the ${seeMe} syntax.
 I am seeing the json results, but not what I put in the actionForm.  That is what I would
"organically" expect to see.  Can you clarify this?  tia.

of div tag identified in ajax call

> other activity such as refreshing session attributes would need to take place
>
> in the action class..upon return from action all tags of the jsp would re-display the
content based on the refreshed state for those session attributes

> another strategy is to create and/or modify a jsp in the action and on return forwards
to a result *which will forward to the just created or modified jsp*

> you're welcome
> Martin
>
> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so
bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer
entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails
koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> > Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:45:18 -0700
> > From: cpanon@yahoo.com
> > Subject: Struts w/Ajax with Struts again
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> >
> > Hello
> > I am able to use an Ajax call to a struts action and with getInputForward() get
the get the data back.  (With prototpye and json, very, very elegant).  I am now realizing
that I have cases where I want to reprocess all components, i.e. I want the actionForm to
be updated and the jsp recalculated, I want the session objects to be reprocessed so my iterate
tags will show the updates, etc.  I understand how with getInputForward it doesnt happen.
 If I setAttribute(), the original value that was processed when the form first generated
is all that ever shows.  A simple findForward() does not force the reprocessing,ie still the
original values of the actionsForm members.  Is there a way to force a complete reprocessing
the jsp from within an action?  tia.

> Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check
it out.
> http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
http://windowslive.com/Online/SkyDrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_SD_photos_072009