struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Gundersen" <R.Gunder...@salford.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Ajax Basics
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:15:48 GMT
Thanks Dusty, and Martin

I'm happily using JQuery now - and it looks great!

Cheers

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: dusty [mailto:dustin_pearce@yahoo.com]
Sent: 08 July 2009 05:06
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ajax Basics

So I think straight JQuery is pretty easy, although I have not tried the
new
JQuery plugin(s).  Just download JQuery and JQuery UI and include them
on
your page.

    <script type="text/javascript" src="<c:url
value="/scripts/jquery/jquery-1.2.6.js"/>"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<c:url
value="/scripts/jquery/jquery.ui.all.js"/>"></script>

Then pick a JQuery UI Theme, download it and include it as well:

    <link type="text/css" href="<c:url
value="/scripts/jquery/theme/ui.theme.css"/>" rel="stylesheet" />

You are almost all set:
     Include the following javascript:

$(document).ready(function(){
    $(".datefield").datepicker();
});

I usually do this in a .js file that included on all pages.

Now create a struts text field and include the cssStyle 'datefield'.
<s:textfield name="mydate" cssStyle="datefield"/>

Viola!

You will likely want to create a Date converter.  You can find lots of
posts
and discussions about Type Conversion and date converters.

Richard Gundersen-2 wrote:

> Hi
>

> I'm trying to get the datetimepicker working in my app. It's Struts 2
> but it's totally non-AJAX at the moment. I also don't know anything
> about AJAX to make matters worse.
>

> Please could someone tell me
>

> a)       what extra jars (dojo/json etc) do I need to pop into
WEB-INF?