struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hoying, Ken" <Ken_Hoy...@PremierInc.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading xWork??
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:37:06 GMT
Thanks, Wes.

That is our fallback plan and most likely the route we will take.

Thanks,
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Wannemacher [mailto:wesw@wantii.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:33 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Upgrading xWork??

I would say that you're better off grabbing the source for the version you are using and adding
that fix you found and building your own copy. It's not great, but if you don't want to upgrade
to struts 2.1.x, then patching is your best bet.

-Wes

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Haroon
Rafique<haroon.rafique@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> On Today at 1:04pm, HK=>Hoying, Ken <Ken_Hoying@PremierInc.com> wrote:
>
> HK> [..snip..]
> HK>
> HK> Does anyone have experience using an xWork version 2.1.x with Struts 2.0.11.1?
> HK>
>
> I say this, based on no evidence other than remembering it from a
> thread earlier, that xwork 2.1.x is incompatiple with struts 2.0.x
> because of lot of internal changes. I know for sure that the other way
> around, i.e., struts 2.1.x will not work with xwork 2.0.x.
>
> Later,
> --
> Haroon Rafique
> <haroon.rafique@utoronto.ca>

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.  Premier Inc.