struts-user mailing list archives

From Struts Two <struts...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Struts1.3.10 and command chains
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:03:19 GMT

Prior to struts 1.3, If I wanted to load my catalog (say catalog.xml) file (which had all
the business logic in chains for my app), I had to add the followings to my web.xml:

<context-param>
   <description></description>
   <param-name>org.apache.commons.chain.CONFIG_CLASS_RESOURCE</param-name>
   <param-value>resources/catalog.xml</param-value>
</context-param>

<listener>
   <description>Chain Listener</description>
   <display-name>Chain Listener</display-name>
   <listener-class>org.apache.commons.chain.web.ChainListener</listener-class>
</listener>

In struts 1.3.10 request processing cycle is rewritten using command chains and the jar file
is part of struts apps. I was wondering if I want to load my own catalog [in which I have
the list of all chains that runs my business logic], do I have to add ChainListener and CONFIG_CLASS_RESOURCE
context parameter to my web.xml to be able to load my chain or command as follows:

Catalog catalog = CatalogFactory.getInstance().getCatalog();
Command command = catalog.getCommand("runTivoliCPUAVG");