struts-user mailing list archives

From anand nandu <anand8...@gmail.com>
Subject action does not declare serialversionuid warning
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:40:09 GMT

when Action extends Action Support i get a warning  action does not declare
serialversionuid.
Please excuse my ignorance if this was basic questions...

1) what is advantage of declaring serialversionuid in action class?

2) when does the action class gets serialized.Even in Clustered Environment
i don't see action needs serialization.
Please tell any scenario where action needs to be serialized.?

3) If my action does not get serialized why do i need to add unnecessary
code(declare serialversionuid) to my action making it Big.?

4) I assume serialversionuid makes sense only when the action gets
serialized.is this right?

I will be really grateful if someone shares your ideas.