struts-user mailing list archives

From tsongwei <tsongw...@gmail.com>
Subject Design Practice question. Should I use same Action class for different functions?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:59:46 GMT

Hi,

This is a general design practice question.
Say if I am designing User Account Management component that does the
following:
1) User Profile info update -- updates firs name, last name, etc,...
2) Change password. -- do password verification, and change password
3) User Payment info update. -- add credit card info.

My question is, since these three function requires similar info from user,
how many action class should I use?
Should I use one: "UserAccountAction.java"?
or three actions: "UserProfileAction.java", "UserPasswordAction.java", and
"UserPaymentInfoAction.java"?

The approach I took is using one actions: "UserAccountAction".
But the problem is I created many properties and getters setters that are
not used for all struts action mappings.
So I am wondering if this is good practice or not, or should I break it into
three action classes.

How would you design this?

Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks a lot!!