struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject File Upload Plugin
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:17:59 GMT
Okay, since it came up recently, I created a plugin with slightly
better multipart request handling capabilities.

I had to make a few small changes to struts2-core, so if you want to
test out the fileupload plugin, you'll have to either grab struts2
from svn and build it yourself, or download the snapshot from one of
the nightly repositories. Once you have a snapshot build of struts2,
you can download the source for the new plugin here -

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/sandbox/trunk/struts2-fileupload-plugin/

There is documentation available here -

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/advanced-fileupload-plugin.html

Out of the box, one of the things this does differently is that it
exposes an action in your app that will render a JSON string providing
some status on a user's uploads. So, if you go to
/contextroot/upload/status.action a JSON string will be returned with
the # of bytes retrieved.

Anyhow, it's in the sandbox right now and I'm hoping for feedback
before moving it out. Any help is appreciated!

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice