struts-user mailing list archives

From Pro1712 <Pro1...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Update to Struts 2.1.7
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:53:13 GMT

You are right!
'name="*"' is not necessary but it also does not cause any problems...
I will remove it!

But that's not my problem!
What I forgot to mention in my first post is that I use dynamic method
invocation and pass the param e.g. "method:input" to the action.
Sorry for this...

struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation = false
is set in struts.properties but worked for me in Struts 2.1.6.
In 2.1.7 DefaultActionMapper was changed and a check for
"allowDynamicMethodCalls" was added in line 187.
So as a result the behavour changed and the method "input" was not mapped
and so the default method "execute" is called

setting
struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation = true
solves the problem.

Is there a reason that this was changed? Or was this a bug in 2.1.6?