struts-user mailing list archives

From Radoslav Krivak <rkri...@gmail.com>
Subject How to access variable in JSP tag scope from struts 2 tags (OGNL expression)
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:18:45 GMT

Hello,

how can I access variable that is defined inside the body of third party
(not struts2) tag? Example:

  <jmesa:struts2TableFacade
      items="${users}"
      var="user">

      ${user.name}  <%-- works  --%>

      <s:iterator value="user.friends" var="friend"> <%-- doesn't work  --%>
          <s:property value="friend.name" />
      </s:iterator>

  </jmesa:struts2TableFacade>

I know that JSP EL is forbidden in struts2 tags. But how could I access
variable "user" in example then? I haven't found anything about it in docs.
Please help me out, I'm completely lost here.
I use latest struts 2.1.7 (built from source).

RK