struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading AppFuse to Struts 2.1
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 16:47:41 GMT
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:25 PM, mraible <matt@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> Yes, but I don't have actionPackages configured in web.xml, so I don't
> believe it's enabled.

It still might be... Check this section -
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/convention-plugin.html#ConventionPlugin-Codebehindhelloworld

Since your package is named something.action and your class is named
SignupAction, I'll bet codebehind is picking it up...

-Wes

> Wes Wannemacher wrote:
>>
>> Matt,
>>
>> are you combining the conventions plugin with regular XML
>> configuration? Because your action is named SignupAction, which
>> conventions would pickup, but the input result doesn't appear to
>> follow the convention (it should be named signup-input.jsp). I'd poke
>> around a bit and see if conventions is picking up that class as an
>> action.
>>
>> -Wes

>>> I'm still trying to resolve this issue. The strange thing is my Struts
>>> action *does* have an input defined.
>>>
>>>        <action name="signup" class="signupAction">
>>>            <result name="cancel" type="redirect">/</result>
>>>            <result name="input">/WEB-INF/pages/signup.jsp</result>
>>>            <result name="success" type="chain">saveSignup</result>
>>>        </action>
>>>
>>> Maybe this is caused by a difference b/w 2.0.x and 2.1.x and Spring with
>>> the
>>> Convention plugin (vs. the Codebehind plugin)?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Matt
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Wes Wannemacher
>> Author - Struts 2 In Practice
>> Includes coverage of Struts 2.1, Spring, JPA, JQuery, Sitemesh and more
>> http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice
http://www.manning.com/wannemacher