struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve" <st...@sjlt.co.uk>
Subject RE: Accessing protected resources via a login page
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 16:00:39 GMT
Thanks to Stuart, Lukasz and Wes for your advice.

I decided to stick with a home-grown solution because I'm only interested in
GET's right now and I don't want the complexity of adding Spring into the
mix with EJB3, Struts and JPA already working well together. This is because
I haven't used Spring before.

It's all working now but Spring may have been a better option!

Stuart's code worked fine until I bought parameters into the mix.
Unfortunately getRequestURL () doesn't return the parameters and I couldn't
find any other method that did. Therefore I had to iterate through the
parameters map and rebuild the parameters part of the request URL.

This worked fine with a single parameter but failed with two or more
parameters. This turned out to be a known issue with the redirect result
when used with ${url}. In this case the returned string is not URL encoded
so the single url parameter gets split on the embedded &. I added an extra
method to the action (getEncodedURL ()) and then used ${encodedUrl}. This
worked fine as the parameters interceptor automatically decodes parameters.

Cheers,

Steve