struts-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Ellidge <stuart.elli...@adaptris.com>
Subject REST Plugin and PreResultListeners
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 14:52:17 GMT
Hi all,

In our application an interceptor registers a PreResultListener to perform some common calculation
prior to rendering the page. The reason this is handled in a PreResultListener is that the
action may well modify the basis for the calculation and we need to include the most recent
result of it in the display.

This all worked very nicely with the REST plugin until we came to implement a JSON request...
unfortunately, it appears that the JSON result is rendered directly directly to the Response
output stream, prior to the execution of any PreResultListeners.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue and, if so, how they had resolved
it. If not, I would be happy enough to implement an alternative ContentTypeHandlerManager
that could fire off the PreResultListeners if need be; however, I'm not sure how to retrieve
the registered listeners and how to subsequently remove them after execution!

Thanks in advance for any help
Regards
Stuart