struts-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Johansson <nic_s...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: RequiredString Validation doesn't work and AbstractValidationActionSupport is missing
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 21:02:22 GMT

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Such a beginner error... But after renaming the validation.xml file to what you specifide,
still no error-response when not entering anything in the "heading" field.

Sorry for being a bit unspecific for my second question:

When extending my action class with AbstractValidationActionSupport as described on Struts'
specification: http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/using-field-validators.html,
the application cannot find the actual AbstractValidationActionSupport class. I tried to include
all jars in the lib folder of struts, it still cannot find the class.

Of course, I understand that the problem is that the class itself cannot be found. But I want
to know if there is a solution to this and/or where can I get the jar that contains the class
file?
It seems that there has been some problems with this class file before that it is refering
to xwork v1 when trying to extend superclasses. Don't know if that is related...?

Regards,
Niklas