struts-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Johansson <nic_s...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Download a Java ME application to mobile using StreamResult
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 19:34:18 GMT

Sorry, getting a bit tired, my English wasn't that clear. I will try to make it a bit more
clear here:

Well, I did just a form which used an action to retreive the application. It doesn't work
though and I am pretty
sure the reason is because the .jad file contains information about where to get the .jar
from. But since I used
actions to retreive the .jad file it's not possible to find the .jar file based on the information
in the .jad
since the client doesn't have any idea about where the files are.

I.e., I have to in some way use a url in my action class and not pointing to the file in the
file system directly. But if

I use a URL pointing directly to the .jad I will have to expose my files...

My struts.xml

                  text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
                  43800
                  filename="MobileTraining.jad"

I didn't change anything in my action class.

It would be nice if I don't have to edit my .jad file as well...

Any further ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Niklas

> From: nic_soft@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Download a Java ME application to mobile using StreamResult
> Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 21:16:58 +0200
>

> Hello,
>
> Thank's for your reply Dave.
>
> I named it to interceptor when I thought i had to do an interceptor class, didn't change
it while getting more clever.

> Well, I did just a form and which used an action to retreive the application. It doesn't
work though and I am pretty
> sure the reason is because the .jad file contains information about where to get the
.jar from.

> I.e., I have to in some way use a url and not a pointing to the file in the file system
to a .jad in the same directory
> as the .jar. I think...
>
> So, I have to
>
> 1. Protect the file(s) from unauthorized access
> 2. Be able to verify the "ordernumber" in order to allow access to the files.
> 3. The client (mobile) must be able to use the inforamtion in the .jad file in order
to download the .jar file.

> Hmmm...still stuck. Any suggestions?
>
> Appreciate your help!
>
> Regards,
> Niklas

>> Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 14:12:56 -0400
>> From: newton.dave@yahoo.com
>> To: user@struts.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Download a Java ME application to mobile using StreamResult
>>
>> Niklas Johansson wrote:
>>> I guess the link you sent is pointing to a similar way of doing it as I did.
This
>>> is my reference: http://sheetalshundori.blogspot.com/2008/02/struts2-dynamic-file-download.html
>>
>> Oh; the "interceptor" part in the class name made me think you were
>> trying to make an interceptor. Not sure where the "interceptor" part
>> comes from; it's a result class.
>>
>>> The reason why I am doing like this is because I don't want it to be possible
>>> download the file without entering some kind of "ordernumber". I.e. the file
must be
>>> protected. The reason why I chosed this solution is simply because that is the
solution