struts-user mailing list archives

From Manish Kumar Wadhwa <Manish.Wad...@niit.com>
Subject How to trap dojo.rpc.JsonService request
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 08:52:14 GMT
Hello Guys,

I am using Struts2 and dojo plug-in for dojo 1.3 for one of my application.

I have an interceptor for user authentication. On every request for an struts action, It validates
the user accounts as per our business needs. If the validation fails it breaks the request
and throws the user to logout page.

I am also using the "callRemote()" function of "dojo.rpc.JsonService" for couple of functionalities.

The issue is when the AuthenticationInterceptor fails a json request, the callRemote() throws
a JavaScript "Syntax Error". Can somebody please tell me how can I trap such condition and
forward my request to logout page. I don't want to use a try-catch here for a silly Syntax
error.

Thanks,
Manish

DISCLAIMER
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are solely for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to official business of the company shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT Ltd. Any information contained in this
email, when addressed to Clients is subject to the terms and conditions in governing client
contract.